Monday, September 6, 2010

My FIRST First Day

...and yes, I am a little on the terrified side. 

Part of me knows this will work out just fine: it's a long-term sub job coaching Middle School P.E., at my sons' school where I've subbed and done observations and taught Art and hung around asking questions, where I know the kids and the Staff...

And part of me knows this is an inevitable disaster of epic proportions: after all, I'm still a sub, it is (shudder) Middle School, and everyone who has known me all these years will see I'm a clueless fraud, and if I can't manage a P.E. class I will never, ever get a classroom... 

Not only that, but I can't decide on what to wear.

2 comments:

TeachEnEspanol said...

You will do great. For P.E. the biggest deal is establishing routines. Be fair but make them practice how you want them to do things over and over again (even if they're in middle school....especially if they're in middle school) so that it becomes second nature to them. Good luck!!! :)

Mr. Nauton said...

I'll be posting Coach Wooden's rules on my board "...repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition!"