Monday, February 9, 2009

Reading List

glad it's a 3-day weekend* so I can get some reading done:

  • What Your 5th Grader Needs to Know
  • Everything Your 6th Grader Needs to Know ('cause I want my 5th graders to be smarter than the average bear student)
  • Everyday Mathematics
  • Houghton Mifflin** Reading
  • several juvenile books grabbed from the library on the Rev. War, including Longfellow's The Midnight Ride... which I may get to read to the class this week; strange coincidence (or is it?) that I just finished Johnny Tremain before getting assigned a class studying Paul Revere...

*and not just because I "worked" 2 days in a row and -- whew! -- I'm exhausted...
** isn't that the company from "The Office"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Rev. war! Johnny Tremain....My Brother Sam is Dead (bonus points for being on the banned book list).....Disney did a movie version of JT in the 50s...not half bad. The fun part was the colonies & the stuff leading up to the Rev. I uesd to "tax" my kids....the principal was the king or queen, the VP was the prime minister, and they had all kinds of taxes....milk tax, math tax...all w/out representation, of course, so then they'd write speeches & make signs & go demonstrate in the office outside the king/queen's door...ahhhh...such fun times! ;)

Anonymous said...

Forgot about George Washington's Socks...cute book.