Friday, April 27, 2012

Talk to ALL Your Students At Once!

I know, I know, that's called a "lecture" and it's easy to do. But do you really have every student's attention? How about giving every student feedback on essays they wrote -- detailed, personalized, meaningful feedback and assessment -- all at once?  Not only that, but the students can replay your comments and suggestions over and over, even let peers/parents listen and read to provide even more support and feedback. No more misunderstanding or "Uh, I forgot" what you said!

It all has to do with Google docs and screen savers, of which the details are all here, including great examples from actual student work.  I think it's a great idea/tool, especially with middle school and up.

Props and thanks to The Transparent Teacher -- awesome blog!


http://alytapp.com/2011/10/27/assessment-feedback-via-screencast-examples/

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

This sounds like a great idea, however, I don't know how well I could implement it in my 5th grade classroom...technically, they're not supposed to be on FB because they're not 13.

Mr. Nauton said...

I agree with the no FB, I was surprised how many of my 5th graders said they're already on it... I tried to scare them with a stern "You're breaking the law!" lecture, but doubt that worked.